Start your new career today!
WellnessFX is looking for a full stack Ruby on Rails engineer to join our product team. Be involved in creating a new kind of health service that makes complex biology look simple, intuitive and actionable. Our product development focuses on user experience, quantitative improvement and rapid iteration. Take ownership of end-to-end feature development and help shape each feature you work on. We're test driven, enjoy pairing, believe in rapid, agile development and deploy several times a day.
The ideal candidate
- Has at least 2 years full stack web development experience for an actual product
- Knows the ins and outs of at least one scripting language (Ruby, Python, etc)
- Can build large, maintainable applications and tend to do it in about half the time it takes most developers
- Navigates *nix well enough to setup and deploy a webserver on EC2
Bonus points for
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Redis, MySQL, BackBone.js, HAML, SASS, jQuery, Rspec, Unicorn
- An appreciation for cask-strength bourbon
Web UI Designer/Developer
WellnessFX, a fast-growing health 2.0 company based in The Mission District in San Francisco, is looking for an engineer with skills in front-end web development and implementation and a passion for building great web-based user interfaces. You'll be building pages that change consumer behavior and help to productize our cutting-edge diagnostics dashboard for the $50 billion health information technology market.
At WellnessFX, you can bring your dog to work, enjoy a healthy work/life culture and balance and make a difference in peoples lives daily by bringing breakthrough health and wellness products to consumers and top tech businesses.
- Collaborate with the design, engineering and customer acquisition teams to define the information architecture & implement web interaction design best practices with a focus on driving growth
- Work in conjunction with our Director of UX/Design to drive the visual look and feel for front-end web pages including all branding and navigational elements
- Author web pages Ruby on Rails using tools like HAML, SASS and Twitter Bootstrap.
- Bridge the gap of marketing and back-end developers to transform our existing marketing front-end interface into the best possible user experience.
Knowledge/Skills & Abilities:
- 2-3 years of web design and development experience, (preferably with larger, consumer-facing websites) with a solid understanding of information architecture, and UI design.
- Familiarity with best practices, and an ability to maintain clean and efficient style sheets and assets for a constantly changing website.
- Working knowledge of industry standard visual design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Ability to design and code HTML Email templates with understanding of limitations, and standard practices.
- Excellent organizational, project management and self-starter skills: capable of working effectively in casual, collaborative, yet unstructured start-up environment.
- Strong time-management and prioritization queue skills coupled with ability to adapt and go-with-the-flow
- A passion for Health and Wellness and strong desire to disrupt the bloated, broken Healthcare system.
- Experience with Pivotal Tracker, Confluence, GitHub and other developer platform management tools.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems and building infrastructure to support them.
- Facebook application design skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
Start Date ASAP. First year cash comp will be $65,000 to $85,000 range DOE. Compensation will include an annual base salary equity and full benefits package.
Incredible benefits, including:
- Free food and drinks
- Every day is casual dress code
- Bring your dog to work
- Commuter reimbursement
- $1200 WellnessFX Annual product credit
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Team outings/events/happy hours with fun, fit, and friendly staff
Part Time Content Marketer / Medical & Health Blogger
Job Title – Content Marketer, Medical/Health Blogger (10-15 hrs/week) Position available starting December 15, 2013 -6-month minimum commitment -SF Bay Area resident preferred for in-office collaboration 2x per month
This part time, paid, contract position requires a self-directed, deadline-oriented individual who has exceptional communication skills. The successful candidate will research and write articles in a conversational, engaging style that aligns with the WellnessFX brand. Topics will include customer testimonials, latest health news, company news, and useful health tips to engage new audiences. Our Health Blogger will also be responsible for gathering royalty-free photos for our Wordpress blog. Other tasks may include copy writing and editing, gathering guest posts, marketing collateral such as infographics and ebooks, and other strategic tasks within the marketing team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: · Research, write, edit, and publish content for WellnessFX Blog page with 2-3 posts per week · Measure and track the effectiveness of blog topics based on number of viewers and number of comments · Respond to reader comments in a timely fashion · Weekly check-ins with media team (remote OK) · Assist with copy writing and editing for WellnessFX website, brochures, and press releases · Coordinate and edit guest articles from practitioner network and beyond · Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: · Strong writer/editor with experience using medical terminology · Must be willing to make 2 in-office visits per month to sync w/ Media team on strategy · Passion for health and wellness sector · Ability to write according to the company’s voice and tone · Ability to adhere to the company’s brand and grammar style guide · Computer and Internet savvy, with considerable experience in using and building blog/social media communities. · Superb proofreading and editing skills · Project management experience a plus · Ability to effectively manage time and multi-task · Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Pay is $25-30/hr or around $150-200 per blog post, DOE and preferred pay structure. Leads send CV and writing samples to email@example.com.
Please submit your résumé and let us know why you'll be a good fit.Apply now